The industry’s toughest competition came to a dramatic close yesterday, with licensee Mark Higgs beating the five other finalists to the top spot and winning LOYA 2017- this year sponsored by Sky.
Mark picked up his gong in front of a packed audience at the BII Summer event at the HAC in the City of London on the 13th of June, attended by the brightest and best from the industry. When asked what winning the competition meant to him Mark commented: “Winning LOYA will help give me a platform to champion this great sector, I feel so proud to be an ambassador for the BII in an industry I absolutely love.”
Click here for our full press release.
The 2017 Licensee of the Year finalists were as follows:
• Clive Price – Bletchingly Arms, Redhill
• Chantelle Tupman-John – Waggon Inn, Oldham
• Tim Tomlinson – Merchants 1688, Lancashire
• Mark Higgs - The Castle At Edgehill, Oxfordshire
• Jennifer Kuhn - The Windsor Fenchurch, London
• Mark Thornhill – The Kings Head, Hursley
Hear from some of our former semi-finalists and judges on what the competition meant to them, and why it's the industry's most prestigious award
Expert advice, guidance, helplines, mentoring, qualifications and a range of free and discounted business services that you won’t find anywhere else – for less than the price of a pint each week!