We’re looking for an enthusiastic, friendly and hardworking person to join our team here at the BII, to work within the Membership team and support communication and marketing activities.
This would be an excellent opportunity for a new graduate or an individual looking to gain experience in communications and marketing.
The key responsibilities and skills are listed below; if you feel this is the role for you we'd love to hear from you!
• Be responsible for updating and monitoring BII Social Media accounts, sourcing new content and analytics reporting, with the help of the Communications & Marketing Executive.
• Assist in finding newsworthy content for member publications and communications channels
• Putting together weekly INNfocus emails from pre-approved content and articles and scheduled issue
• Assisting in copywriting and proof-reading communications as required
• Assist the Communications and Marketing Executive in the creation and scheduling of member communications including the Marketplace mailers, working with Commercial Manager on scheduling and with Marketplace partners on content/artwork
• Helping to maintain the BII website and updating as required
• Work with the Communications and Marketing Executive to recommend developments and changes on the website
• Manage and organise the BII photo archive and source new images as required
• Manage the BII Events Calendar as approved by Communications & Marketing Exec and Commercial Director, attending most events personally assisted by another staff member (N.B. This will involve approximately one night per week away from home during Spring and Autumn roadshow peak periods)
• Liaise with the regional Chairmen and assist in the organisation of regional member events and AGMs.
• Monitor the production of all marketing collateral such as exhibition stands, flyers, pull ups, brochures etc, maintaining stocks at minimum requirement level.
• Organise and manage attendance and staff rotas at BII events and roadshows, including company member roadshows as appropriate, attending most personally as per above
• Manage the Events section of the website, keeping all events up to date with full detail and agendas as required, including the booking system for such events.
• To act as coordinator for our member events, liaising with regional Chairmen and Council members as appropriate to assist with AGMs and regional events as directed
• Handling all bookings for some of the events, including working with Finance to ensure all needs are met
• Assist with the BII Summer Event schedule of work, alongside other senior members of staff
• Ownership and management of event booking system and webpages and reporting on booking numbers for various events on regular basis.
• Post-event evaluation (including data entry and analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders)
• Assisting the membership team with membership engagement and managing inbound telephone queries
• Assisting the Membership Administrator at peak periods with mailings/new member packs etc.
• Administration of the CRM system at peak periods as and when required
• Work on any projects as assigned by the Commercial & Membership Director
• At peak times, assist any member of the Commercial & Membership team as approved by the Director
• A confident, outgoing person
• A team player, able to work with minimum supervision at times
• Flexible in work attitude and duties in an ever changing work environment
• Able to work under pressure
• Pro-active and positive individual; a ‘can do’ attitude
• A qualification in Journalism, Marketing or Event Management desirable
• Previous involvement of coordinating events would be advantageous
• Good knowledge of social media, especially Twitter and Facebook
• Excellent organisational skills; specifically attention to detail
• Excellent proofreading ability
• Good written and verbal communication
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office; experience of using a CMS or email marketing platforms would be a bonus
• Ability to market and promote in line with company guidelines