BII PEAT Pre-Entry Awareness Training
BII is pleased to announce the launch of the revised and refreshed Pre-Entry Awareness Training (PEAT). The new design provides learners with a full interactive learning experience. On top of the new look the content has significantly expanded to become far more comprehensive and covers topics in further detail than its previous version.
Under the Pub Industry Framework code of Practice taking PEAT is a mandatory requirement for any new tenant or lessee who signs an agreement in England and Wales with a pub company or brewery who is a member of the British Beer and Pub Association (BBPA).
Following research and feedback from industry a full review has been conducted of the learning which involved key industry experts to ensure that the content is still fit for purpose and comprehensive. It will provide the learner with all the information they require in order for them to make a reasonable judgement and understand the complexities of the agreement that they are signing up to.
PEAT will continue to be delivered in an e-learning format as this provides learners with instant access to the learning, the flexibility to start and stop which can easily adapt around any busy work or home life and an instant certificate which will be provided to the learner on successful completion.
The learning will now cover 13 modules which include:
• The Pub Industry
• The Business Plan
• The Pub Premises
• Purchasing Obligations
• Licensing and Compliance
• Rent Assessment, Review and Renewals
• Business Support
• How to leave your pub
• Complaints and Dispute Resolution
• Good Advice
• The Agreement
• Legal Status of the UK Pub Industry Framework Code
As the content and information has significantly increased the average duration of completing the learning has also increased to between 4 and 5 hours.
To complete PEAT learners will be required to successfully pass the end test (pass mark is 18 out of 20) which will cover a range of questions and topics from within the learning.
The cost of PEAT will be £75 + VAT and payment can be made through our secure online payment system.
If you have any queries relating to PEAT, please contact the Customer Support Department on 01276 684449 or email@example.com
LOG IN: If you have already purchased the new PEAT course you can log in here Click here to log in
- Get a Personal Licence - Once you've successfully completed PEAT and want to become the licensee of a pub in England or Wales, you will need to obtain a Personal Licence for which you will need to take the BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders. NCPLH is the first of a wide portfolio of qualifications which can support you and your business.
- Access BII's support for newcomers to the industry - We also strongly urge you to join BII, the industry's professional body, so gain access to a huge network of support to get your licensed retail career and business off to the most successful start. For a small annual fee, members gain professional recognition, support as well as business and personal benefits that really make a difference.