The focus of Beer Day Britain is the National ‘Cheers to Beer’ at 7pm to unite beer lovers across the country. It entails raising a glass, saying ‘Cheers To Beer’ and posting a social media message using the hashtag #CheersToBeer.
Pubs can also participate in Beer Day Britain in a number of other ways:
- Download a Beer Day Britain logo from www.BeerDayBritain.co.uk
- Social media – let customers know that Beer Day Britain is happening and encourage them into the pub to celebrate.
- Host a beer festival to highlight British beers.
- Host a special event such as beer & food matching dinner, hog roast, fancy-dress party, pub games tournament.
- Enter a team into the Beer Day Britain’s Got Talent to find the country’s most enthusiastic pub singing team as they perform ‘Cheers To Beer’ the anthem to beer. Details here: www.beerdaybritain.co.uk/singing/
Beer Day Britain was launched in 2015 by Jane Peyton, an award winning beer sommelier, drinks educator, and broadcaster. The idea is for everyone who sells and drinks beer to do what they can to celebrate the national drink. The initiative now has great support across the brewing and pub trade.
Jane Peyton said: “Without beer, pubs would be wine bars. Now we have an official day to celebrate our national alcoholic drink so please join us in having a national party at the pub to make Beer Day Britain the best beer fiesta in the world!”
Contact Jane ator find more information at www.BeerDayBritain.co.uk Twitter: @BeerDayBritain